Tuesday, February 23, 2010
i am so sick. ugh! i have this bitchin' cough and an ear infection (because i'm 4 years old). and now i'm developing a sinus infection, because it's how i do. luckily yesterday i went to the er and got some antibiotics, so hopefully they'll kick this thing's butt.
i've missed 2 days of work this week. i HAVE to go in tomorrow and thursday. i can't afford not to work! damn it.
here's me when i was not sick. stupid sickness.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
so i am sick. i have a bitchin cold that i woke up with thursday morning and have been progressively feeling more shitty. which sucks. i was miserable yesterday at work. i had been planning on going to boston to hang out with my bestie, but that ended up not happening. stupid lungs.
the other night i got really crafty and decided to make some stuff. i'm thinking about maybe selling stuff like this on etsy (when i get better at it... these were a trial run!) opinions?
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
i put a pincurl set in a few minutes ago. i either use my fingers and curl it by hand or i use a 1" tube (my epi pen is the perfect size!) i did alternating directions of the curl (clockwise/counter clockwise) in hopes to get a nice wave. we'll see how it comes out tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't look heinous! here's a very awkward 7 am photo of myself the last pincurl set i put in.
tomorrow is my night for dancing. the boy djs 80s/retro/electropop (etc) night. i'll get my dancing on with my favorite people. friday i'm heading to boston for some time with my bestie, abby. hopefully we'll get some thrifting in. i need suggestions for good vintage shopping in the boston area!!!!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
here's what i look like on the day to day, on days that i have to work or that i'm just hanging out. i'm working as a custom picture framer, so i am on my feet all day and i need to wear stuff that a. won't get caught in a chop saw or a joiner and i'll kill myself 2. that i can easily wash to get sawdust, glue, and paper out of. (i'm so butch!).
don't mind the goofy look on my face and the photobooth quality. hah.
tshirt: gap $10
jeans: banana republic on clearance for $11.07 (SERIOUSLY!)
bracelets and flowers: h&m, $5 and $3
hair: curled with a flat iron (i use biosilk 1"), then did a simple large pincurl that i pinned to my head. a bit of hairspray and a comb through, and voila. nothing special. hah.
things that have happened since i last posted:
- did not go to london. actually, i went, and came directly home the next day. money became too much of an issue, and i wasn't able to do it. totally overwhelming and shitty feeling.
- am still dating my lovely boy, even though we broke up for about 3 weeks in november. things are hard sometimes, but i'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.
- i had to move back in with the folks (i gave up my apartment when i went to london). that sucked. moving back out with my pal nate in a few weeks.
- starting a graduate program here in the fall (american and new england studies). gave up on my big dream of studying egypt, but i'll be doing something i am familiar with, that i have experience in, and that i love.
- been living, loving, learning, crying, listening, forgiving... hopefully getting better at all of that.